Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Unsure
Nenab posted:
I'm on the reclipsen bc and I missed 3 weeks of my active pills and had intercourse with my husband during the break period. We used the pull-out method, which is not so effective. I started back taking my pills at week 4. I am a on time every 28 days for my cycle, but I'm 6 days late now. I have basically all the symptons of pregnancy, but I took three test and they were all neg. Could I be pregnant or did I throw my cycle off track???

tlkittycat1968 responded:
You definitely threw your cycle off track. The pill currently determines when you have your period, not your body, so when you skipped 3 weeks of the active pills, it threw everything off.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

lovebird79 responded:
There is a possibility you can be pregnant - anytime you have sex without BC (or something with) you can be pregnant.

It's hard to say just from a late period in your situation since you did throw off your cycle.

A lot of times, too, some women will not show positive HPTs early one - each woman is different.

You should wait another week. If you still do not have your period and have all the symptoms, then go to the doctor for a blood test... much more accuract than a HPT.

Nenab replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Thank you for your response. I've took the pills before (Yaz) aand I stopped taking them, and still had my menstrual cycle. I guess every pill has a different effect.

Nenab replied to lovebird79's response:
Thank you for the response,

I am currently, still without a period and I have all symptoms of Pregnancy. I haven't took another P test yet, I really don't have time to go take a blood test. I work Mon-Fri..5am-5:30pm. and my doctor takes for ever to see anybody. I am now 2 weeks and 2 days late for my cycle. I guess I may have to take a half of day work tomorrow.

Spotlight: Member Stories

*Student/In college *Nanny & Babysitter *Christian *Engaged, wedding date is June 25, 2011! *Marrying my best friend *Love my dog! *Enjoy watchin...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.