after removal of iud
halcal126 posted:
halcal126 posted: I had my iud removed in sep i had the non hormon one which i believe was paragard. but i had it for 6years. my period were normal oct-feb but jan it only lasted a day and a half then this month pretty much only a day. they normally lasted 3-5. after a little bit of blood then it was brownish stuff only when i wiped. I have taken several pregnanct test a couple weeks ago. Is this normal?

lovebird79 responded:
I just had my Paraguart IUD removed in December.
My period in December was 2 weeks late (probably from the trauma of having it removed, but has been my normal 31 day cycle with a very heavy period for January.

You are a bit ahead of me, but my understanding is that your period may get a bit lighter, but not by much, as a lot of women experience slightly heavier periods after getting the IUD.

I have also found from my research that not everyone shows a positive pregnancy test early on so if you think you are pregnant (which is a possibility since you have a very light period) you may want to go to the doctor to have the blood test.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes!

halcal126 replied to lovebird79's response:
Thank you I will. If the same thing happens next month i will for sure go to the doctors. and good luck to you as well.