Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HELP?!
An_250576 posted:
I had my last period 1/25 and I started spotting light brown blood on 2/17 and it continued until today (1/25) and turned into bright red blood like a period. I don't know whether it was implantation bleed, spotting before my period, and my period. HELP?! I've been feeling nauseous, sleepy all the time, and using the bathroom more.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Implantation bleeding usually only lasts a few hours, not days. It was probably spotting before your period.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

An_250560 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I think you should take a test.

Contrary to what tlkittycat1968 stated, women can bleed and have a very light period once pregnant - and every woman is different.

The best thing to do is to talk to your doctor and get a blood test. This will tell you for sure and ease your mind.

tlkittycat1968 replied to An_250560's response:
I didn't say anything about not bleeding during pregnancy. She asked if it was implantation bleeding and I answered that questions.

Also, you cannot have a true period and be pregnant. A true period is the shedding of the uterine lining and if that happened while pregnant, it would be a miscarriage.

Some women do have light bleeding during pregnancy but it is not a period.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

An_250560 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
yes, true, but you didn't explain any of that or mention any other possibilities.

I've read other comments of yours and you make a lot of comments providing inaccurate advice... are you a doctor?

and you answer some quesrions but not others... you need to be more responsible with your answers... especially considering how important some of these issues are.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I need advice please i feel like im going insane..I havent had a period since july 20 its now sept i took a hpt it came out negitive..i have been extr...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.