Help?
ashleylynn1983 posted:
I have had my Mirena in since June of 2010. For the first 8 months, I had normal periods, and then they suddenly stopped up until August of 2012. Then I started getting regular periods usually around the 25th of the month and lasting about 4-5 days. I went to the clinic in January of 2012 to have my Mirena removed and they told me they couldn't remove it because the strings are gone. That I had to go see a regular OB doc and have an ultrasound to determine the position of the thing to have it removed properly. I don't have med insurance and the doc wants $250 up front to just see me in the office. I cannot afford this so I don't know what to do to get it removed. I'm not even sure if its still there or has shifted or migrated somewhere else into my body. I have painful cramping and sharp pains radiating thru my hips at times. I am now a couple days late on my period and I'm wondering if in fact I may be pregnant because I am having the symptoms. And after 3 kids,I should know. My breast hurt and are swollen and I eat all the time. I'm tired a lot and sometimes I feel like just throwing up. I want another child but cant afford to have it removed so of it fell out, thatd not be a bad thing. I wonder if it fell out, but I think I would know if it had come out on its own, right? I mean it's a piece of plastic. I should have felt it. Does anyone have any Really GOOD advice on what I should do to find out if its still in there and if so, how to get it removed. I don't have medical insurance and absolutely don't have the money to go to the doctor. Borrowing the money isn't an option either. Can anyone help me figure this out so I can get this prob taken care of?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Well, it wouldn't migrate anywhere else in your body.

Is there a Planned Parenthood near you? I believe they offer low-cost gynecological services.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

ashleylynn1983 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
There isn't one that I'm aware of. I called the OB clinic here n town to find out my options and she told me on the phone that if I don't have insurance or the money, then I'm basically screwed cuz they won't see me and I basically have to leave it in, regardless of the problems I have w it in.