Skip to content
Mirena
Tessielou14 posted:
Hello I'm 18 years old no kids, however I do have the mirenia Have had it for almost a year. They told me I couldn't get pregnant On the mirenia. Well I've always had a period on it. If I didn't bleed I had my period signs. Well I've took pregnancy test they've came back negative. Then I was having lower back pains belly pains and then started bleeding. They ran only pregnancy tests on me those came back negative. But I took three pregnancy test and they came back positive. I have all the signs of being pregnant. My boobs are sore & stuff. I get sick when I wake up no matter what time it is. Like my vagina is sensitive. I'm tired all the time and I sleep longer than normal. I eat more than I've ever ate in my life. I have a baby bump but it's not that big. My body feels a lot different and it worries me to no end. I've also had problems with the iud also I can feel the bottom of the iud it's self. I can also feel the strings I could never feel them before. The knots that on each end of string I can feel the knots too. So my mirena is pretty low I think. My ex an I had had sex billions of times without condoms he never once pulled out. I've always pee right after cause I always had to. But the last time we had sex I didn't go pee right away soo.. I'm have an appointment at the obgyn next Friday.. I have feelings I'm pregnant and I have all the signs I'm worried what do you guys think??

tlkittycat1968 responded:
If you've had three positive pregnancy tests, then you're pregnant. False positives are pretty rare and 3 are pretty much impossible.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Tessielou14 responded:
Okay thanks, but is all said normal?

An_250560 replied to Tessielou14's response:
It sounds to me like your IUD got out of place and that's probably why you are now pregnant.

Some things you need to know:

1. there are a lot of risks with the IUD so you need to be in a monogomous relationship - having sex with your ex can be dangerous as you have no idea where he's been

2. Peeing after sex doesn't do anything except lower your chances of getting a UTI - it has nothing to do with pregnancy

3. You need to check the IUD string every single month after your period - if they are even a little odd feeling, you need to go to the doctor to make sure it hasn't shifted out of place

Good luck!

Tessielou14 replied to An_250560's response:
Thanks(: like I have gone to the hospital twice now because of pains down there because they haven't taken the mirenia out yet. I go the 8th to the obgyn. But my belly is no longer flat it's got a baby bump. I'm just worried about it all..

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am almost 30, married, mother of one 7 year old. I went through 3 miscarriages and a lot of years before I was blessed with my daughter whenever I w...More

Helpful Tips

Not sure if i am pregnant
I had a lapse between my old birth control and my new one and during that time had sex without protection due to the fact i'm allergic to ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.