Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Mirena Can I be Pregnant.
An_250815 posted:
I am 23 years old and have been on Mirena since I had my first child who will be 3 in September. It did happen to fall out in June and was replaced after a few days. I have had a period regularly every month until now. I am 9 days late and no period. Is it possible that I could be pregnant? But I did take a home pregnancy test which said it was negative. So could I just be stressed? I am planning on going to the the doctors office on Monday to get a 2nd opinion. Can anyone help me?

1WaterLily responded:
I'd put my money on it just being stress. Mirena is a hormonal birth control and can cause you to have late periods or even skip them all together. If the pregnancy test was negative, then it's probably right, but by all means get another opinion if it makes you feel better. I don't think you've got anything to worry about though.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im here to try my best to help others.. and here to seek advice if neccessary:) Thank you!

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.