Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Should I take a pregnancy test?
dshoelovr posted:
I havent had my period since the last week of january. I am concerned because a few days after i finished my period, so the first week of February, I had sex with my bf and when I went to get off, there was some spillage from the condom. I didnt really feel like anything got on me so I didnt worry about it. But now I havent had a period since and I havent had any symptoms either other than being really tired. But Ive been attributing that to stress and sleep deprivation because of grad school and all the things I need to finish up in order to graduate in may. Now Im wondering if I should I take a pregnancy test? thank you in advance

dshoelovr responded:
Also, for about two weeks or so I have had frequent discharge and almost every time when I go to the bathroom. It doesnt seem abnormal though. Its clear and doesnt have an odor. Ive just had much more of it lately. Maybe this information also helps..

tlkittycat1968 responded:
You could be pregnant or you may have just not ovulated. Take a test and if it's negative, wait and see if you get your period for March. If you don't and the tests are still negative, see your doctor.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

dshoelovr replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Is there a reason for not ovulating? im not on any birth control and I very rarely miss a period.

tlkittycat1968 replied to dshoelovr's response:
No reason, it just happens. It's common and usually nothing to worry about.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

dshoelovr replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Hi, I thought I finally got my period because tuesday night I had spotting. It continued through Wednesday but it was very light. I havent had anything today at all and I took a pregnancy test but it came out negative. Any thoughts as to what might be going on? Would I still be spotting if I didnt ovulate like you said?

tlkittycat1968 replied to dshoelovr's response:
Yes, you could still spot even if you didn't ovulate. If you don't ovulate, you don't have a period and shed your uterine lining. After a bit, that lining becomes unstable and you will spot.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same challen...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.