Skip to content
Pregnancy with Mirena
ADoerflein8 posted:
I have been scouring the Internet for answers and I have found a few cases that seem similar to mine. I have had Mirena for almost 2 years, I had it inserted May of 2011 since then I have never had a period and I have never really had a problem until now. I am having serious pregnancy symptoms my breasts are extremely tender and highly sensitive, heightened sense of smell, I can sleep all day, and I am so nauseous, oh and the mood swings are crazy! I feel like Sybil! I took a hpt today and got a negative result. I just know I'm pregnant, I'm having all the same symptoms I had when I was pregnant with my daughter. If I am pregnant I would be 3-4 weeks along. So can Mirena affect the result of a hpt? Is there anyone that has the same occurrence? Another thing I'm really worried about is if I am pregnant is getting the IUD removed and miscarrying. My mind is going a million miles a minute, I need answers please!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been TTC for about 1 year now. I worry because it took my sister 7 years to get pregnant, and her baby boy was born prematurely ...More

Helpful Tips

Not sure if i am pregnant
I had a lapse between my old birth control and my new one and during that time had sex without protection due to the fact i'm allergic to ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.