Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Possibly pregnant after Tubes Tied in 2008??
hbeth17 posted:
I'm just curious as to what the possibility is that I could be pregnant. I have 2 precious babies (6 & 4 years), and after my c-section with my son in 2008, I got my tubes tied...I might be jumping the gun a tad (because my period isn't due for 5 more days), but I've been having symptoms that have been getting stronger for the last 3 weeks or so.
I am planning on taking a test next week, but I'm kinda anxious now & I know that can intensify symptoms sometimes.

Any thoughts/advice?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I'm not sure what the chances are but pregnancy is still a possibility.

That being said, it's doubtful you've been having pregnancy symptoms for 3 weeks. That would mean you've been having symptoms since right after your last period and you hadn't even ovulated yet.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

hbeth17 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Thank you for your response. To be exact, I first noticed my breasts being noticably sore starting 2 weeks and 3 days ago. I noticed it the day after my last period ended. My last period was lighter and shorter than usual. The fatigue really started setting in a week ago today & my appetite change just a few days ago. If I am pregnant, I will be excited, but I'm concerned about it being ectopic.

ohtwelve replied to hbeth17's response:
The best thing you could do is go to a doctor and get checked out.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 30 years old and have 3 beautiful children. I had my tubes tied in April of 2008. I'm thinking I'm either pregnant again or there is s...More

Helpful Tips

tip
have heard the same thing from my sister who is the mother of five so this is more then likely true.. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful