Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Early Period
mommyin2011 posted:
Hello,

I am not due to start my period for 2 more weeks, but i started today...is this normal? I have never been this early.

Thanks for your input
Proud mommy of DS (7/31/11) and DD (7/18/12)

ohtwelve responded:
There are a lot of different reasons as to why your period could be early. Stress, change in sexual activity, ect. If it seemed to be a normal period than I would not worry about it. IF your period continues to come inconsistantly, or you miss it next month, then go to the doctor and get checked out.

mommyin2011 replied to ohtwelve's response:
im having alot of tissue discharge and i had very, very bad cramping on Sunday (felt like labor pains)...could this be an early miscarriage?? Im going to the doctor today to find out.

jenica1432 replied to mommyin2011's response:
let us know what he says

mommyin2011 replied to jenica1432's response:
they did a preg. test and it was neg. but i was still 2 weeks from my actual period...they cant tell me what it was. my period is acually due this week..not sure if i'll get it. my gut feeling is, it was a m/c - just very early. the doctor said i can take a preg. test now; that if it was a m/c, i might have some hcg in my system...not sure if i want too.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Ashley, I am 20 years old. My DH is 24. We got married July 31st, 2009. We found out we were expecting Feb. 2nd of this year. We went to th...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.