Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
please read my story. mama of 4 is freaking out :(
ashleysimpson89 posted:
Ok so i got the para guard iud after i had my now almost 9 month old. and i had it for little over 7 months with no change in period and no change in cycle.......until last month (march) i had my normal period. very heavy and lasted a full 7 days..but a week later i started to bleed again. it went on for four days and there were greyish in it and was light at first but got heavyer. finally i started to freak out. i called my obgyn and while i was there i had it removed but he did no tests no nothing and did not answer my question..if was possible that i had lost a baby at a very early stage...
me and my husband have been careful and have been "pulling out" (im allergic to latex big time so no comdoms) exept recently.. so my questions for you ladies out there.

has anyone gone trough this with the iud?
is it possible that i lost a baby?
im supposed to start my period in a few days...will i, since i had 2(kinda) last month?

lovebird79 responded:
first, find a new doctor. any doctor that does not answer your questions and take the time to make sure you fully understand your situation, is NOT a good doctor.

As far as your situation goes, the IUD can be weird sometimes. I had it for almost five years (just had it removed because TTC). I had mostly regular periods (heavy and long... that's the paraguard), but every now and then I would have something weird happen.

I don't think anyone on this can say whether or not you lost a baby.
You need to find a good doctor that cares about their patients and discuss with them. Good luck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Mom and Wife! I always research any symptoms my kids or myself have before heading to the doctor. LOVE WebMD!

Helpful Tips

It's been 20 years sence I had my last child .and I had a tube . and I forgot how it feel to bee pregnant. I feel that I am but don't know More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 10 found this helpful