Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Am i pregnant?
pattiec posted:
I'm 44 and my husband and i would love to have a child together and have been trying for 8 months now. Well i was supposed to start yesterday but did'nt. Took a home test it was negative. Its been awhile since i was last pregnant and don't know how long i should wait to take the test again. Could anybody help? We really hope it is a positive this time.

lovebird79 responded:
Hello! I'm TTC as well.

For the last few months I've done this thing where if I feel off at all I take a test. and then I'm heart broken.

Anyways, one day late doesn't necessarily mean anything... you could be either way and not show up on the test yet - some women it takes time to build up enough of the hormone to show up on a test.

So you don't drive yourself crazy like I have, I would recommend waiting until you are one week late and then test... that's what I'm doing now. It's hard not to test, but it's keeping me sane!

Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

im 25 years old, and me and my fiance are trying to have our 1st baby!!! some call us crazy but we call it being in total disgusting love!!! :) we me...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.