Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Am i pregnant?
pattiec posted:
I'm 44 and my husband and i would love to have a child together and have been trying for 8 months now. Well i was supposed to start yesterday but did'nt. Took a home test it was negative. Its been awhile since i was last pregnant and don't know how long i should wait to take the test again. Could anybody help? We really hope it is a positive this time.

lovebird79 responded:
Hello! I'm TTC as well.

For the last few months I've done this thing where if I feel off at all I take a test. and then I'm heart broken.

Anyways, one day late doesn't necessarily mean anything... you could be either way and not show up on the test yet - some women it takes time to build up enough of the hormone to show up on a test.

So you don't drive yourself crazy like I have, I would recommend waiting until you are one week late and then test... that's what I'm doing now. It's hard not to test, but it's keeping me sane!

Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months so far, with no luck. I am 21 years old, and engaged to be married next year. I was diagnosed with P...More

Helpful Tips

It's been 20 years sence I had my last child .and I had a tube . and I forgot how it feel to bee pregnant. I feel that I am but don't know More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 10 found this helpful