Skip to content
Possibly pregnant?
jjfab189 posted:
Hi, for a week now I've been experiencing moderate to severe breast pain and cramping in my lower abdomen. The feeling is very similar to my normal ovulation pains that I get about two weeks or a week before my period, however this pain is a lot worse and has lasted longer than usual. It's almost unbearable. I have been on one type of birth control constantly for over a year. My boyfriend and I have had sex multiple times in the past couple of weeks, but each time we use condoms, although we may start out not using them. He never ejaculates into me. I am not due for my period until next week, but I took a pregnancy test out of paranoia and it came back negative. I'm probably overreacting and it probably is just ovulation pain, but I am concerned.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
May I ask what type of birth control you are on that still causes you to ovualte? Most birth control pills suppress ovulation, that's how they work.

Pain is a sign that something is wrong, especially pain that is almost unbearable. You need to see a doctor.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

jjfab189 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I'm on Junel 1.5. I should have also mentioned that I have ovarian cysts. I've experienced pain from them as well.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Anyway. I am no longer trying to conceive, but it seems that old habits die hard. Even though I am relatively certain that every 28 days, good old Aun...More

Helpful Tips

Not sure if i am pregnant
I had a lapse between my old birth control and my new one and during that time had sex without protection due to the fact i'm allergic to ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.