Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Started pills 4 days late, HELP
unilove92 posted:
I've been on Ortho-Tricyclen Lo for about 4 years now. I'm on the 21-pill pack and last month (March) I had forgotten to take a few pills therefore I got my period a week early, which then I had stopped taking the rest of the pills. I got my period on the 26th of March and it ended on the 31st. I usually do a Sunday start on my birth control but instead I started on the Thursday which was April 4th because I couldn't find my new pack until then (I know, I'm horrible!). So I knew for sure that I was supposed to use back up method for at least this whole month. I also took the pills more seriously this time and have been taking them religiously at 9:00 pm every day since last thursday.

So today, the 11th, when I had intercourse I made sure that we had a condom but to our luck the condom broke right at the very end. Normally, if I had had a Sunday start I wouldn't worry about it but since I ended my pills early last month and started it late this month I'm horrified that I'm at huge risk of getting pregnant now

tlkittycat1968 responded:
You're fine. Most birth control says to used a back-up method for 7 days and you're well past that.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Have been on a 28 day cycle for a long while now (every since I could remember). Should have started on 4/5 but as of today, I still have not had my p...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to Get Pregnant for the first time.
My husband and I have both decided to try and have our first child. I have stopped taking my birth control for about 1 month and I sadly ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful