Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

sex 3/ 4 days before period, 2 days now missed period, pregnancy tests negative
    ndakana posted:
    hie all, now am really really stressed. i haven't had my period, 2 days now but 3 home pregnancy tests are negative. i had sex 3/ 4 days before my period was due. does anybody have an explanation for this? am really stressed.

An_250560 responded:
    Everyone gets late periods at some point in their life... a lot of women will completely miss their period at least once in their life and not due to pregnancy.

You ovulate about 14 days before your period. and your egg only lives 12 to 24 hours.

Yes, it is possible you are pregnant, but not likey.

It's only been two days - wait one week and if you still don't have it, go to the doctor.

AND... stress can mess your body up and delay your period further so take a hot bath, do some yoga, or whatever helps you relax.

ndakana replied to An_250560's response:
    Thanks so much. turned out , it was just a scare. I have had my period today, 4 days after.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was married August 9, 2008 and got my BFP on December 1, 2008. My beautiful daughter was born August 6, 2009 weighing in at 7 lbs 11 oz. She is such...More

Helpful Tips

Just curious.
    Hello, this is my first post on here. I'm really just wondering what your thoughts are on this. My DH and I are currently TTC, I have a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.