Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Positive ovulation and neg pregnancy test
Naturegirl616 posted:
Hi All,
My DH and I have been TTC for 1.5 years now. I have been on clomide for several months now, and about two weeks ago I go a positive ovulation, and light spotting. We took advantage of the oppurtunity. About one week ago, I felt a sharp pinching cramping pain on my right side, and had some spotting. I got worried and called my dr and he said it was probably ovulation pains. So I took a test again, and got a pos. O test. But took a pregnancy test, and it was negative. I am scheduled to have an HSG test done next week, which I am FREAKED out about. Any one have any feedback? Could I be pregnant, and just not testing positive yet.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
It takes 6-10 days for a fertilized egg to implant and begin producing the pregnancy hormone and another few days for there to be enough of the hormone to produce a positive result. If you are pregnant, it may have been too early to test.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married my amazing hubby on August 13, 2011. We have had so many adventures and so many more to come. We have been TTC for a little over a year now w...More

Helpful Tips

tip
have heard the same thing from my sister who is the mother of five so this is more then likely true.. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful