Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnant???
An_251599 posted:
I'm 18 years old. My boyfriend and I always have sex a few times a day usually 2 or 3 says when I am most fertile.. Kind of stupid. I know. But I'm 3 weeks late on my period. I'm never late. Last month my period was only 3 days instead of 5 and it was wry light. More like spotting. I've taken 3 home pregnancy tests. 2 first response tests and one first response digital test. I don't know why I'm late or if I could be pregnant.. Someone help?!

tlkittycat1968 responded:
You could be pregnant or you may have just not ovulated. Wait and see if you miss a second period and if you keep getting negative results, see your doctor.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

An_251599 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
How long should I wait to test again?

lovebird79 replied to An_251599's response:
wait until your next missed period is 1 week late.

However, if you are anxious (which I would definitely be if I were 18 again) then you should go to the doctor and tell them whats going on and you want to know why you are so late.

It may turn out to be nothing, but it's better to know than stress about it.

An_251599 replied to lovebird79's response:
I wasn't stressing until now. I have the symptoms of periods. Cravings, cramps, irritability. But I have not started and it's been happening for a month.

lovebird79 replied to An_251599's response:
Stress can cause your body to crazy as well.

I think the best thing for you at this point is to go to the doctor. Otherwise your head will be spinning about whether or not you are pregnant.

Good luck! *hugs*

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same challen...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.