Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
mirena removal
riyah12 posted:
Hi everyone, i have been going crazy for the past couple of weeks. i got my iud removed march 3, 2013 i bled right away for about a week then after that i was spotting here and there for about another week. so i was thinking that was my period so me and my husband concieved about 11 days after. now its the 23rd of april and i still havent got a period. i took a PT last week but it came out neg.... is there still a possiblity that i could be pregnant????

lovebird79 responded:
I just had my IUD removed in December and I went through the same thing.

I wasn't pregnant.

My doctor told me this... the majority of healthy couples trying take 6 to 12 months to conceive - expect to get 12 periods when you start trying.

When you get your IUD removed, it kind of messes with your body (especially when you have the hormonal one). Getting mine removed messed my cycle up for a few months (2 weeks late the first month and a few days early the next month).

Good luck! but don't drive yourself crazy.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been married for almost two years. I have a seventeen year old son from a previous relationship. He has no children. My hubby an...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to Get Pregnant for the first time.
My husband and I have both decided to try and have our first child. I have stopped taking my birth control for about 1 month and I sadly ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful