Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
pregnant?
aosmith posted:
My period ended on a Wednesday morning and I had unprotected sex the following Saturday night. My cycle has always been very regular and I start the whole ovulation process one week or soon after my period ends -- and my cycle has consistently been 28-30 days since I was a teenager -- and sometimes 1-2 weeks late when under a lot of stress. Last week however, I had some discharge on the Tuesday following unprotected sex (what normally looks like the start of ovulation to me) and then tacky to white lotion-y discharge on Wednesday, along w/awful, period like cramps, all day. Cramps continued off and on, though not as strong as Wednesday, for the next few days, and were uncomfortable again Sunday night. If I hadn't had the unproteced sex I would say I was just having painful ovulation,but since I normally don't, now I'm starting to wonder. It would be very rare to ovulate w/in a week of your period ending, right? Is is likely I'm just being psychosomatic about symptoms?

lovebird79 responded:
It's nearly impossible to tell this early on if you are pregnant.
And, it is possible you are being psychosomatic about the symptoms
I have done the same thing for a few months now while trying to conceive.

First, find a way to destress and not worry too much about it - otherwise this could cause your period to be late and more stress

Second, wait until your period is about a week or so late and then test.

Good luck

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey All! I had a wonderful baby boy in May of 2011! And he truly is the joy in my life right now! I am so thankful for an easy pregnancy and birth and...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.