Skip to content
Sex 2 days before scheduled period
PostEagle posted:
My girlfriend and I just had unprotected sex 2 days before her scheduled period. She is on birth control, and is very consistent with taking it as directed. But the day before we had sex she was unable to take it at the normal time. That's the only time she hasn't taken it at the same time every day. How worried should we be about her being pregnant since she was on birth control and it was right before her period?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
No worries. With regular birth control, she has a 12 hour window that she can take her pill and still be protected. With the mini-pill, that window is only 3 hours so as long as she was on the regular pill, she's fine.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

PostEagle replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Ok. She's a couple days late now, but that's nothing new for her. Shes often 2-3 days late. She is on the regular birth control, not the mini. Also, is what I've read about it being more difficult to become pregnant a couple days before the period true? I know nothing is impossible, but I'm freaking out a little and tryin to get a little peace of mind until we know for sure.

lovebird79 replied to PostEagle's response:
Generally speaking, a woman's fertility is fairly low a few days before a period is due.

Women typically ovulation 14 days before their period and the egg only lives 12 to 24 hours (I'm TTC and my doctor just informed me of his )

I wouldn't stress too much about it, but if she's a week or more late, take a test just to make sure.

PostEagle replied to lovebird79's response:
she had a very light period today (3 days late). I know this is normal, especially since it's her first month of birth control. But still makes me a little nervous because it could be either the birth control or pregnancy. After her period is over i'm going to have her take a pregnancy test just to be sure.

dancer01789 replied to PostEagle's response:
it is normal for woman to have light spotting in the early stages of pregnancy. it is also normal to have lighter periods on bc. testing would be the best thing to do. wish you the best!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I tried to concieve our second child in march. I started feeling queezy and my breasts hurt really bad. I had what I thought was my per...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy
Hey guys I need help, so I been feeling pregnant and I have all the systems Like cramping, then brown spotting, boob hurts, vaginal ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.