Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
5 Days Late - Negative HPT
An_251684 posted:
I am 5 days late. I took a test this morning (not first morning urine), and it came up negative.
I am having zero symptoms of an impending period, except that my breasts are extremely tender and sensitive, and I'm exhausted - both the earliest signs I had with both my kids. But with both my kids, I tested at like 2 days late and was positive. My husband is convinced I'm just super-stressed, but honestly, I'm less stressed than I have been in the past six months.
Is it likely that I got a false negative?
When should I retest if my cycle doesn't start?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
It's possible you didn't ovulate and usually no ovulation means no period. It's common and will happen to most women at least once during their reproductive years.

I'd wait a week and re-test. If that's negative, you can wait and see if you get your next period. If not and you keep getting negative results, see your doctor.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Ashley, I am 20 years old. My DH is 24. We got married July 31st, 2009. We found out we were expecting Feb. 2nd of this year. We went to th...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.