Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
5 Days Late - Negative HPT
An_251684 posted:
I am 5 days late. I took a test this morning (not first morning urine), and it came up negative.
I am having zero symptoms of an impending period, except that my breasts are extremely tender and sensitive, and I'm exhausted - both the earliest signs I had with both my kids. But with both my kids, I tested at like 2 days late and was positive. My husband is convinced I'm just super-stressed, but honestly, I'm less stressed than I have been in the past six months.
Is it likely that I got a false negative?
When should I retest if my cycle doesn't start?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
It's possible you didn't ovulate and usually no ovulation means no period. It's common and will happen to most women at least once during their reproductive years.

I'd wait a week and re-test. If that's negative, you can wait and see if you get your next period. If not and you keep getting negative results, see your doctor.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Got engaged in December. Fiance and I have been TTC since then and are so excited to be parents.

Helpful Tips

Trying to Get Pregnant for the first time.
My husband and I have both decided to try and have our first child. I have stopped taking my birth control for about 1 month and I sadly ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful