Skip to content
So confussed
An_251797 posted:
Hi, I'm looking for some advice. I have recently been put on medication to start my cycles again. I had 1 cycle and before during and after I've had unprotected sex with my partner. I had blood work done through the doctors office 3 weeks ago and I figure since the doctors office didn't call me back that the results were negative to the pregnancy test.

Since that time though my partner and I had several times of unprotected sex and after one such night I started feeling nausea often, slight cramping in my pelvic region, moodiness to the point of crying at the least little thing, fatigue, breast sensitivity but no aches. And I've noticed I smell things more easily....then today while at the grocery store I about hurled from the smell of the raw meat at the butcher counter.

Could I really be pregnant? I didn't think so until the partner suggested it, and then after today with the nausea over smells....well, my partner convinced me to get a couple home tests. I'm trying to hold out until Friday to take the first one, and then wait a week to take the other if the first is negative.

I have PCOS and so know it would be hard for me to conceive, and have infact had a few negatives leading up to the blood draw at the doctors...as I was told to check before taking the meds to cause a cycle as they could abort a pregnancy.

This is the first I've had these symptoms though. Could it just be paranoia due to the partner suggestion I might be? or could it really be I'm pregnant?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Anytime you have unprotected sex, pregnancy is a possibility, even if you have PCOS. It's possible the blood test was too early to detect a pregnancy.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

mrsbakerwoman replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
really could it be to soon for a blood test, i tested neg 5 times with an at home pregnancy test, only one was faint, but that was after it set a while, but the other ones did not turn faint.Also i had my bc removed april 3rd had unprotected sex a day after then had a AF 2 days later which 2 days consists of spotting and the other 2 days a flow, normally last for 5-7 days. Well this month i did a blood test it was neg, i only did that because my menstrual is suppose to start the 6th but it started 4 days early, and it only last for 1 and half days. Could i be prgnant or could it be in my head because we want another baby so bad

sweetgurl replied to mrsbakerwoman's response:
Hello there. I just wanted to state that i had breakthrough bleeding last month and on april 26th I was bleeding and ovulating at the same time cause I could pull the mucus into strings. Also after I was 3 days late for af I had 2 urine test and a hcg blood test that all came back NEG! I was told that I may not have enough hcg yet to show up on the test. Plus a OB/Gyn Fertility center suggests doing a bloog pregnancy test than a hcg test, because some womens hcg are very low. I also have pcos. I am now 8 days late with breast tenderness,nausea,heartburns,constipation,fatigue. I want to be pregnant but this wait is driving me nuts!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married to my wonderful husband for three years. We have been together 6 years. Proud parents to two little boys ds 4 and ds 2....currently trying for...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.