Skip to content
Testing too early?
Steph41710 posted:
I'm on birth control and EVERY month I have a period...even before birth control I wasn't lucky enough to skip a period. Well, my placebo week of pills was last week and I didn't have a period at all. Last month during my pack of pills I spotted for a week and then during my placebo week, I had a period. So essentially the period lasted 2 weeks.

I was due to start on Wednesday, May 8 and I took a test last night and it was negative. Am I testing too early or could my system be messed up from last months weird period?

Steph41710 responded:
BTW, JUST today I started feeling a little nauseous and my breasts were tender and I'm also feeling slightly more tired than normal.

lovebird79 replied to Steph41710's response:
Did you miss any of the pills?
You might just be having an off month again.

Stress, illness, change in excercise, and lots of other stuff can alter your period.

Wait another week to test - if it's still negative and AF did not come, then go to your doctor to check.

Steph41710 replied to lovebird79's response:
I didn't miss any pills last month and I didn't do anything to counteract the BC.

Thank you!

Steph41710 replied to Steph41710's response:
Went today for a blood test. Should know tomorrow. The nurse did say that I could be getting false negatives on the home pregnancy tests due to the birth control. Has anyone heard of this happening?

I have heard of that happening.
I've also heard of women not showing positive HPT for a few months.

I'm in the same boat. My AF was due May 9th and I got a negative today.

Good luck!

Thanks, same to you!

Steph41710 replied to Steph41710's response:
LoveBird79...new symptom...face flushing? Have you heard of this? I read increased progesterone can cause this...thoughts?

I have heard of this.

Have you gotten your bloodtest back yet?

I'm going to test tomorrow morning since I will officially be 7 days late then.

I'm hopeful but skeptical at the same time - I'm getting married a week from Sunday so it could just be that stress, though I don't feel stressed at all!

I'm so excited for you! I'll cross my fingers for you

Got the blood test results back and...not pregnant. But that's okay...we obviously weren't trying being on birth control but we are going to start actively trying in the next few months.

Congrats on getting married! That's great! And good luck to you as well!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi i am 29 and my husband is 43 and we are thinking about starting our own family, however we are new at this so my question to anyone is should we ha...More

Helpful Tips

Not sure if i am pregnant
I had a lapse between my old birth control and my new one and during that time had sex without protection due to the fact i'm allergic to ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.