Skip to content
Not totally convinced
Girl1483 posted:
So, here it is, I have a child, she is four. I was unaware, or more in denial when I found out I was pregnant with her.
I do not want to have another child anytime soon so I am very careful or very inactive sexually.
About 6 1/2 weeks ago I decided to let loose a little and had protected sex for the first time in about a year.
I still got worried and thought, oh man I could still get pregnant.
Since then however I have had 2 periods. The first one was pretty much on time and normal. The second one was about a week early and yet still normal.
I decided to take a pregnancy test a couple of weeks ago and it was negative. However, I have had breast pain and sensitivity to smell which is strange. The breast sensitivity seems to come and go for weeks at a time. It's just very strange.
So, any thoughts from anyone about this? I do not want to be pregnant, trust me. I feel I am a very cautious person about that fact.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
You've had two normal periods so more than likely you are not pregnant. Hormonal changes unrelated to pregnancy can cause the symptoms you are experiencing.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Girl1483 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Thank you, I went ahead and got a blood test done today to see if there was any trace of the hormone, also some other labs because the doctor wanted to see if there was anything related to deficiencies or too much going on in my body.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i'm 20 years old. a high school graduate and i'm taking up culinary arts at the technical college were i live. happily in love with my boyfrie...More

Helpful Tips

Not sure if i am pregnant
I had a lapse between my old birth control and my new one and during that time had sex without protection due to the fact i'm allergic to ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.