Skip to content
Missed period, negative tests, could i be pregnant?
An_252053 posted:
Ok...where do i start?
I am a regular when it comes to my menstrual cycle.it usually starts again within 21-28 days after last period.

So as of the month of April i started 1.5 weeks earlier than usual. April 13th i started my period. I ovulated on the 27th of april. My fiance and i had unprotected sex and he came inside of me april 26th and april 23rd.
Today is May 24th 2013 and i still havent had my period.
Im concerned because i was due for another period on the 11th of May.
Ive taken a few home pregnancy tests and it came back neg.
I am getting symptoms such as backpain, moodiness, mild headaches, strong sense of smell, bloating, and .constipation.

I dont know if this is a matter of MIND game since i think i may be pregnant so that may delay my period. PLease would someone help me i need to know it is driving me NUTTSSS....PLEASE PLEASE..

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Two possible scenarios:

1. You are pregnant and not showing on the tests. Some women, for whatever reason, do not show on pregnancy tests and have to have either a blood test or ultrasound to confirm pregnancy.

2. You did not ovulate and usually no ovulation means no period. It's common and will happen to most women at least once during their reproductive years.

Either way, I wouldn't worry just yet. If you miss a second period and are still getting negative test results, see your doctor.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Gemini619 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Thank you for your reply.

I failed to mention that as of march i had my period on the 22nd and lasted about 5 days. Heavy bleeding with lots of clots. I ended on the 27th.

Then as of April i had my period on the 13th. DO you know why my period started earlier than usual?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Husband and I have been ttc since last year! I had a miscarriage last year in april 2010 I didnt even no I was pregnant. Now we are trying and have...More

Helpful Tips

Not sure if i am pregnant
I had a lapse between my old birth control and my new one and during that time had sex without protection due to the fact i'm allergic to ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.