Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need help! Has anyone else experienced this?
Sunshine1925 posted:
I really appreciate any input. I am 22 years old and ttc with my hubby since January of this year. I have never been pregnant or miscarried before. I have no fertility issues but I do have a couple small ovarian cysts.

In March I had what I thought was a period, but for me it was extremely light (more like spotting) and lasted only 3 days which is unusual for me. But I figured maybe it was just light and I would wait till the next month to test. Well in April it started a few days early after intercourse, it was light for two days and then a couple days of really light spotting. So now we are in May with AF due in a week if I am not pregnant. And since my last "period" in April I have been getting lightheaded, nauseous but not sick, appetite has increased to where I am gaining at least a pound a week, cramping, feeling really tired for no reason, acne breakouts and lower back pain. On day it literally felt like my lower back was on fire, it was a warm sensation I have never felt before.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Please help! I live in a VERY rural area and it is not easy to get to a doctor or clinic.

Take the Poll

When did you find out you were pregnant?
  • Missed period
  • Month 2
  • Month 3
  • Month 4
  • Month 5
vote
View Poll Results

Sunshine1925 responded:
I forgot to add that I have been having terrible mood swings and very emotional. My sense of smell has heightened. I have noticed more prominent Montgomery tubercles. Is it possible I am pregnant and my levels aren't high enough yet? I have not tested this month or the last as I am waiting for my next "period" but the anticipation is eating away at me. Please help!

lovebird79 replied to Sunshine1925's response:
you should try to relax as stress can mess up your cycle and your ability to get pregnant. I know it's difficult... I'm also ttc with my husband and it's so hard not to get anxious!

You should just bite the bullet and take a home pregnancy test.
If it's negative, than just enjoy trying more!

If your next period is "off" or weird, than make a doctors appointment just to check it out and see what is going on.

Good luck and I'll be hoping for a positive for you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well i have a 3 year old & a 10 month old, both lovely little girls. Married to great man who is in school for auto repair. We want more kids but ...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.