Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need advice
TeeJ413 posted:
Hi everyone, [br>[br>DH and I have only been TTC for 2 months. I stopped by BC at the end of March after taking it for a little over a year. I got my first cycle on April 2nd, and like most of my periods, it lasted 7-8 days (3 days really heavy, 3 days medium and 2 days of spotting). Based on my calendar, I ovulated sometime between April 14th - 19th and DH and I were together several times. My next period came around May 3rd, but was extremely different from the others... It was only 3 days and super light compared to my usual cycles. Unfortunately, I don't recall whether or not it was red or a different color. During this whole time since ovulating in April until today, I've experienced nausea, bloating, constipation, loss of appetite, fatigue, moodiness (according to DH), and on/off sore and tender nipples (sorry if this is TMI). I don't expect my next period until June 3rd and it's driving me bonkers! I didn't see the point in taking a HPT since I still have 6 days to go, but should I just go for it? I know that if it comes out negative, I can always take another one if my period never arrives, but is it worth the trouble? I don't want to get my hopes up.

samie_77 responded:
You could always get super sensitive one, the 20 or less kind, but if you don't want to get your hopes up I say might as well wait.

Spotlight: Member Stories

ttc since April 2010. Diagnosed with pcos in May 2011.

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.