Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
thick dark brown spotting followed by heavy flow
annor posted:
5 days before my period was supposed to start i started spotting thick brown, like once or twice a day until the day before my period was supposed to start,and then i started bleeding heavy, more than i ever had, i cant even use a tampon, it bled through within 20 min. its now been 8 says since all this started and im still bleeding just as heavy as the first day the blood started. my periods only last about 3 days normally. also ive had no cramping which is weird because i usually have heavy cramping. the spotting was a dark thick brown, then the blood is very very bright now, not like normal period blood. i have been trying to concieve but this all seems a bit weird. also i had a negitive test yesterday but im still bleeding so idk if it would show positive anyways. has anyone heard of this? i know its not just a period but could it even be pregnancy?

lovebird79 responded:
It sound like you should go to the doctors.
If you have very heavy bleeding like that you want to make sure nothing is wrong.

Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I used to be tlkittycat1968 but was having trouble logging in on my work computer. I'm 43 and have been married about 9 years. I have two kids (...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.