Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
thick dark brown spotting followed by heavy flow
annor posted:
5 days before my period was supposed to start i started spotting thick brown, like once or twice a day until the day before my period was supposed to start,and then i started bleeding heavy, more than i ever had, i cant even use a tampon, it bled through within 20 min. its now been 8 says since all this started and im still bleeding just as heavy as the first day the blood started. my periods only last about 3 days normally. also ive had no cramping which is weird because i usually have heavy cramping. the spotting was a dark thick brown, then the blood is very very bright now, not like normal period blood. i have been trying to concieve but this all seems a bit weird. also i had a negitive test yesterday but im still bleeding so idk if it would show positive anyways. has anyone heard of this? i know its not just a period but could it even be pregnancy?

lovebird79 responded:
It sound like you should go to the doctors.
If you have very heavy bleeding like that you want to make sure nothing is wrong.

Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi everyone so i had a period in september but didnt have one in october so about 3 days ago in the middle of the night i got up to go to the bathroom...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to Get Pregnant for the first time.
My husband and I have both decided to try and have our first child. I have stopped taking my birth control for about 1 month and I sadly ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful