Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Curious
Dolphinegirl28 posted:
My Boyfriend and I are trying to have a baby so we started doing the ovulation kit , my last period was on 5/27 had sex on 6/7 but ovulated on 6/8 can I be Pregnant ?????

lovebird79 responded:
How exciting.... it's always such a wonderful choice to make with someone you love!
My husband and I started trying as soon as we got engaged (bout 6 months ago)

A few things I've learned:

1. You will notice things about your body you never did before - which will lead you to believe you are pregnant each month
2. It's incredibly disappointing to think you may be pregnant and then not be and adds stress
3. Expect your period for 12 months (according to my doctor).

I went into my doctor and she told me that the majority of health couples get pregnant within the first 12 months of trying... so expect 12 periods before you get a positive test result.

It may happen sooner, but if you expect 12 periods before you get pregnant than you won't go through the disappointment each month when you aren't. And, if it comes along quicker than that's awesome!

Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I tried to concieve our second child in march. I started feeling queezy and my breasts hurt really bad. I had what I thought was my per...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.