Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is there a possibility I could be pregnant?
An_252364 posted:
My last period started on the 16th of May. I had unprotected sex on June 9th. I was supposed to start my period on June 16th, I still haven't started, is there a possibility I could be pregnant? If you think so, when should I take a test?

Side notes:
-I have been having that feeling like I'm about to start but I don't.
-I was throwing up at 2 am on saturday the 15th I was nauseous the rest of the day.
-I have also been feeling like I have cramps but they literally just randomly happen, and then stop like 5-7 minutes later.
-The guy I had sex with says he only has a 3% chance of getting someone pregnant. (Don't know if its true?)
-I have been tired lately.
-I also have been having light heartburn I think.

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

lovebird79 responded:
anytime you have unprotected sex, you could get pregnant.

You should wait until you are about a week late for your period to test - use your first morning urine.
Even if you have light spotting, go ahead and test.

Also, don't ever think that because a guy says he has a small chance of getting someone pregnant that means you won't get pregnant... my older sister had the same thing happen to her.
It's usually guys just trying to get you to allow them to not wear a condom.

Good luck!

An_252364 replied to lovebird79's response:
I don't even have any spotting.
I am as of right now 3 days late after my period.
So you think I should wait a week?

lovebird79 replied to An_252364's response:
I would wait until you are a week late to test.
Some HPT claim to be able to detect pregnancy 6 days before your missed period but the longer you wait the more hormone you have build up.

If you are concerned, than you can try testing now, and if it's negative try again in a week.

But, at the same time you could be late because you are stressing out.

If taking one now give you peace of mind than go ahead and take it now

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been together since 6/2005. We got married in June of 2010. We enjoy spending time with eachother and family. I found out I was ...More

Helpful Tips

tip
have heard the same thing from my sister who is the mother of five so this is more then likely true.. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful