Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnant?
aintitfunny posted:
Hi Everyone...

To get right to the point, I am one week late today. LMP was on May 24th and I average a 26 day cycle (I have been tracking for 4 years). I have had some spotting - not consistent. Took two pregnancy tests, one yesterday and one today. Both negative. I have NO pregnancy symptoms. But, I am usually regular, unless I am traveling - and even then, it's about a day or two off. Not one week.

It's been almost 10 years since I've been pregnant and I have no clue what lead me to test that time...

So, I guess my question is...can you get two false negatives and if so, when should I test again?

Thanks!

lovebird79 responded:
Hello.

I have never gotten two false negatives, but from what I've ready, it is possible - it all depends on your body and if you have enough hormones for the test to pick up.

It's possible you could be pregnant, but there are a lot of things that can cause missed and/or late period.

I would suggest waiting another week. If you still don't get your period than I would just skip the HPT and go to the doctors.

Anu06 replied to lovebird79's response:
Are you trying to be pregnant? If yes,use Ovulation Test Kit to test your most fertile day. It is 99% accurate.

aintitfunny replied to Anu06's response:
Thanks for the replies!!

I thought I was starting my period last night, then nothing - and this morning, its just light spotting. Cramping a bit yesterday and I'm feeling flutters in my stomach (weird, I know, but I feel them nevertheless)...since I'm not in any kind of pain, I'll give it another week.

While I am not actively trying to get pregnant, it would be a nice surprise

Spotlight: Member Stories

Mom and Wife! I always research any symptoms my kids or myself have before heading to the doctor. LOVE WebMD!

Helpful Tips

It's been 20 years sence I had my last child .and I had a tube . and I forgot how it feel to bee pregnant. I feel that I am but don't know More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 10 found this helpful