Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnant?
aintitfunny posted:
Hi Everyone...

To get right to the point, I am one week late today. LMP was on May 24th and I average a 26 day cycle (I have been tracking for 4 years). I have had some spotting - not consistent. Took two pregnancy tests, one yesterday and one today. Both negative. I have NO pregnancy symptoms. But, I am usually regular, unless I am traveling - and even then, it's about a day or two off. Not one week.

It's been almost 10 years since I've been pregnant and I have no clue what lead me to test that time...

So, I guess my question is...can you get two false negatives and if so, when should I test again?

Thanks!

lovebird79 responded:
Hello.

I have never gotten two false negatives, but from what I've ready, it is possible - it all depends on your body and if you have enough hormones for the test to pick up.

It's possible you could be pregnant, but there are a lot of things that can cause missed and/or late period.

I would suggest waiting another week. If you still don't get your period than I would just skip the HPT and go to the doctors.

Anu06 replied to lovebird79's response:
Are you trying to be pregnant? If yes,use Ovulation Test Kit to test your most fertile day. It is 99% accurate.

aintitfunny replied to Anu06's response:
Thanks for the replies!!

I thought I was starting my period last night, then nothing - and this morning, its just light spotting. Cramping a bit yesterday and I'm feeling flutters in my stomach (weird, I know, but I feel them nevertheless)...since I'm not in any kind of pain, I'll give it another week.

While I am not actively trying to get pregnant, it would be a nice surprise

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well i have a 3 year old & a 10 month old, both lovely little girls. Married to great man who is in school for auto repair. We want more kids but ...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.