Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Question?
Justinmiller13 posted:
Can a woman get pregnant without penetration? Is it uncommon to get pregnant without penetration? Thanks guys!

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Yes, while it's not very common, a woman can get pregnant without penetration if the guy ejaculates on her vaginal opening and she's ovulating.

A former sex therapist who used to be on this site had a female patient for whom sex was very painful. Her husband ejaculated on her vaginal opening and she got pregnant with twins.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Justinmiller13 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Ok. Im 1day late for my period. Im shocked because my boyfriend did not penetrate inside me. Thanks for the advice

tlkittycat1968 replied to Justinmiller13's response:
It's common to be a few days late and not be pregnant. Heck, I've been up to 3 days late and not been pregnant.

I'd wait a few days before worrying and if it's been a week and still no period, take a test.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Im actually shocked. Because he came nowhere near my vagina. We wipe the semen and washed our hands. After 20mins, we continue what were doing but we had our clothes on. Do you think thats possible to get me pregnant?

tlkittycat1968 replied to Justinmiller13's response:
Given what you describe, pregnancy is pretty much impossible.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

Im pretty worried. this is the first time i felt this. It feels like something is wrong about my period. I willbecome really shock if i will discover that im pregnant. We didnt use condom. But we take full care about our sex. He didnt penetrate inside me because its a big riskto do so. Thanks. Youre a big help for me. Really appreciate it

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 and my DH of 6 years is 29. We have been TTC since July 2009 & we have 1 DD who just turned 5. Each month comes around, we get hopeful, th...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to Get Pregnant for the first time.
My husband and I have both decided to try and have our first child. I have stopped taking my birth control for about 1 month and I sadly ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful