Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is it possible
lil_jlov519 posted:
I have had my Mirena IUD since Feb. 2009, so my 5yr mark is coming up. However lately I have the feeling that I might be pregnant. I have a 5yr old son and with him i just knew i was pregnant But now Im not sure i have the IUD implant so i cant be right? Ive been sleeping alot, been getting little cramps here and there and the other day I got really sick at the smell of the grocery store which according to my sister there was no smell. If I were to be pregnant i would be no more than 3 weeks pregnant. Does the implant start to lose its effectiveness as its approaching the 5yrs?? Also I cant just take a hpt because my body does not produce the pregnancy hermone. Since Ive had the IUD i dont get a period but Ive had light bleeding for the past few days on and off. Can anyone give me some advice?? Or has anyone experienced this before?

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to Get Pregnant for the first time.
My husband and I have both decided to try and have our first child. I have stopped taking my birth control for about 1 month and I sadly ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful