Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Should I take precations
jerseylove12 posted:
Obviously I can't test yet, but I have a hunch that I am pregnant. If I am I would be 3 weeks. I don't want to stop my meds if I don't have to but I was wondering what effects meds, alcohol, and/or caffeine would have or if its too early to have an effect.

lovebird79 responded:
They can all definitely have an effect. Early pregnancy a lot is developing.

If you think you could be pregnant, stop drinking alcohol and cut back on caffeine (should have only about 1-2 cups a day).

As for your meds, talk to your doctor right away to find out if you need to change your dosage or stop taking them.

Finally - get on a multivitamin - pre-natal or my doctor told me the flinstones are great

Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 26 yrs old and recently married. We've been together for 5 yrs, so we're ready to get going and have a family. :) So excited to some day ...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.