Skip to content
Chances?
SADaniels09 posted:
So earlier this week my husband and I discussed having another baby and he made it clear that he's not ready for number 2. I COMPLETELY respect his decision because I wouldn't want him to ever resent me because I kept bugging him about a 2nd child. We did however agree to have my mirena removed because I've been having health problems that could be related to the mirena. I had the mirena removed Tuesday morning and began taking the pill (ortho tri cyclen if it matters) Tuesday evening. I know the doctor said I'm not completely protected and to use a back up method for at least 1 week. Well last night my husband was "in the mood" so I warned him that we are not completely protected from pregnancy because of the recent switch and he decided that he was okay with taking the chance (FYI we got pregnant with my son the first month trying). I know there is a chance of pregnancy and it's WAY too early to test but does anyone know the statistics of getting pregnant while switching from mirena to OCPs?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Fiancee and I have been together since 2003..we have a reconstructed family. A little bit of his (DD Rinoa, 9) and a little bit of mine (DD Emily, 10 ...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.