Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnancy tests
His_mrs76 posted:
I have been very sick lately with heavy sore breasts sick stomach and a very active bladder. My husband convinced me to take a pregnancy test and it was very faint positive but I could tell there was a line and so could my husband, so I took another and I could see a slightly lighter line but my husband couldn't. We drove back to the store and bought 3 more I took one as soon as I got home and it was negative and 4 hours later I took another and it was negative. The last 2 tests were more sensitive than the first two. Could I be seeing things or did I not wait long enough? I am saving the last test for day after tomorrow, I am just confused! Has anyone else had a similar experience and were you pregnant or not?

lovebird79 responded:
Have you missed a period yet?
If not, it's best to wait until you have.

If you have missed a period, you can wait a week to let the hormones build up if you are pregnant and take the test again.

If you can't wait, you can always go to the doctors to have them see if it shows in the blood test.

His_mrs76 replied to lovebird79's response:
Yes I missed my period, I only spot a little because I have mirena but I do not think it is in the right position and when I went to my dr he did not check it all he did was clip my strings, and my husband keeps telling me that I am pregnant, but all three of the tests I have taken after the two positives have been negative

lovebird79 replied to His_mrs76's response:
You should go to a different doctor!
find a doctor that will consider your concerns valid and follow up or at least explain to you what is going on.

You should go to the doctor and get a bloodtest.

Good luck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tammy and I'm married with 2 kids: A boy (PJ) and girl (Kylee). I also have 4 step-children by my husband but they are older (youngest ...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.