Skip to content
Could I Be Pregnant
An_253205 posted:
Hi,

I have been vomiting in the am before noon for about 3 weeks now, not everyday though. I usually become nauseous and then vomit once, and feel better afterwards. I also have headaches and have been feeling especially fatigued. About a week and a half to two weeks ago I spotted dark brown for about an hour every day for 3 days. I had a little bit of cramping during that time, but now the cramping is due to gas. I went to the doctor last week and they tested me for pregnancy and it came out negative. I am on birth control so I only have my period 4 times a year. The pregnancy test the doctor gave me was 4 days before I would have had my period. It is now 5 days after I would have had my period if I had not skipped it with my birth control plan, and I took an early response this morning and it came out negative. I have been on birth control since I was 15, and I skipped a pill a few weeks ago and my partner and I did not use a condom. After that I was about a pill behind for a week because I did not double up. I have no other flu like symptoms, no body aches, no fever or chills. I am just concerned that I am having false negatives, and I do not want to continue to take my birth control if I am. What is the next step I should take? Is there anything else I can do?

clabjw17 responded:
If I were you, I would go back to the doc! Could be stress related or maybe since you skipped a pill, it screwed it up. I would imagine that the odds of you being prego are pretty slim. If the test you took still says negative, you're probably not prego.
I had something similar happen to me. (though my husband and I don't use protection) but I was really late on my period and I was convinced I was prego, stressing out about it, took a bunch of tests and eventually after a few more cycles worked itself out.

Now, I'm IMpatiently waiting to find out if I'm expecting! The wait is killing me!

TessLyn82 replied to clabjw17's response:
Thanks! We did have unprotected sex the day I skipped a pill. I have also had lack of appetite as well and lower back pain. im just frustrated by the whole thing. I don't care what it is, i just want to find out whats wrong. my doc seemed to kind of brush the whole thing off and chalk it up to the stomach bug, but it doesnt feel like that type of sickness.

clabjw17 replied to TessLyn82's response:
Maybe try going to a different doc, just to get a second opinion on the whole thing! Besides, it's your body, you know better than any doc if it's a stomach bug, or something else Good luck!

TessLyn82 replied to clabjw17's response:
I wish I knew how! that's the first thing I would do! She's my primary care and I dont think I have the option to see someone else with my insurance. I would have to get a referral from her to see anyone else.

tlkittycat1968 replied to TessLyn82's response:
With my insurance, I can see an OB/GYN without a referral from my primary. Check and see if you can do that.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

TessLyn82 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
thanks! I will!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! I am Katie and we're from Toledo, Ohio. I am 21, married, and we have an amazing little 2yr. old boy named Gavin. He's our miracle baby...More

Helpful Tips

(((KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF DURING YOUR PREGNANCY)))
Wouldn't It be great to go through out your pregnancy without adding those unwanted pounds? Well now you can, and I advise you to watch ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.