Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Maybe, just maybe...? NEED ADVICE
An_253337 posted:
Hello to anyone who reads this!

PLEASE HELP!

For the last 5-6 months my period has been like clockwork! I start exactly 28 days and frequently start in the evening. I was due to get my period Thurs. 8/22, but didn't. Still didn't have it on Friday (took a test: Negative), but by late Saturday I started to experience some spotting. But not my regular period flow etc. and by Sun. evening it was over. Now on Monday, a little bit of spotting.

I'm also experience severe nausea and have for the last week or so been experiencing very consistent dull headaches. My breasts are also tender. I also was suddenly overcome by emotion and started crying out of the blue a couple of times. I am also quite dizzy.

Any recommendations? Is it too early to take a test? Especially since it was neg on Friday. . . . .???

An_253337 responded:
Also experienced a significant amount of cramping over the weekend and some today too.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Your symptoms could be pregnancy or PMS. You may have not ovulated and usually no ovulation means no period. It's common and will happen to most women at least once during their reproductive lives. Also, must because it's never happened to you before doesn't mean it can't/won't.
Proud mommy to PJ (5)

An_253337 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Thanks!...so it sounds like there are two rational possibilities:

- I didn't ovulate: does that throw off my cycle? Will my next period be late? Basically, how/when do I worry or F/U with my doc?

- I am pregnant: when could/should I take the test again at home for a pos?

Helpful Tips

Trying to Get Pregnant for the first time.
My husband and I have both decided to try and have our first child. I have stopped taking my birth control for about 1 month and I sadly ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful