Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Took HCG and have not had a period
Tifftaz posted:
Has anyone been doing the HCG diet? I finished it three weeks ago and did not have my period since July. I'm worried that it has messed up my system. My husband and I want to get pregnant again by the end of this year and I wanted to loose a little bit of weight. Now I don't know if I can get pregnant. HELP!
lovebird79 responded:
I knew a few people who tried this diet at work a few years ago, and none of them were successful - and quite a few of them got very sick. On girl had heart palpatations because of it.

FDA advising against it aside and the fact that eating 500 calories a day is terrible for you metabolism (you are effectively starving yourself), you are messing with your hormones as well.

You have so many things working against getting pregnant with this diet - low calories can cause fertility issues and the hormone itself can cause issues.

My recommendation: Stop the diet and talk to your doctor next time you try to lose weight.

The only tried and true way to lose weight is slow and steady with good diet and exercise.

Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Mom to three children. Kahlan 11 Jodan 9 and Mikeal 5. My hubby was fixed June 2005. Even though chances are low the last little while my body is acti...More

Helpful Tips

trying to get pregnant
.. im trying to get pregnant for 2 yrs.. im nearly hopeless..pls help More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.