Took HCG and have not had a period
Tifftaz posted:
Has anyone been doing the HCG diet? I finished it three weeks ago and did not have my period since July. I'm worried that it has messed up my system. My husband and I want to get pregnant again by the end of this year and I wanted to loose a little bit of weight. Now I don't know if I can get pregnant. HELP!

lovebird79 responded:
I knew a few people who tried this diet at work a few years ago, and none of them were successful - and quite a few of them got very sick. On girl had heart palpatations because of it.

FDA advising against it aside and the fact that eating 500 calories a day is terrible for you metabolism (you are effectively starving yourself), you are messing with your hormones as well.

You have so many things working against getting pregnant with this diet - low calories can cause fertility issues and the hormone itself can cause issues.

My recommendation: Stop the diet and talk to your doctor next time you try to lose weight.

The only tried and true way to lose weight is slow and steady with good diet and exercise.

Good luck!