Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
breastfeeding and pregnancy
An_253680 posted:
I am 8mo post partum working full time and my daughter is still breastfeeding. I had my first post partum period the end of july and have had no sign of one yet. I took a pee test 2 weeks ago soley because i am "late" and it was negative. I now that post partum cycling can be irregular due to breast feeding. but the past week I have been nauseous, heartburn, randomly waking at night, all things i did while pregnant with first child. I did take another test today and it was negative as well, but i feel pregnant. 3 days ago, it felt like things were moving around inside my abdomen.....

tlkittycat1968 responded:
If you've taken two pregnancy tests that are negative, you probably aren't pregnant. Your symptoms could be hormonal.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

hgreenwood7058 responded:
While it could be normal you could also be pregnant. Breastfeeding while some providers say is a form of birth control, as soon as you start getting your period you are considered fertile again. When was the last time you had unprotected sex? You could still be testing to early or it may just be that your body is being all hormonal because thats what bodies do sometimes. If you still don't have af say next week, it wouldn't hurt to test again. It could be due to bf it could be due to pregnancy.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 4/17/12. Carson Lee born 3/31/12.

crichmond22 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
When I had my first ppd I had some similar symptoms but more symptoms this time. Soon after symptoms my cycle came. I am 3 weeks with symptoms now hence my questioning!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Amanda. 21 years old. Married. Trying to conceive. Obsessed with Old School Nintendo. :)

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.