Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trying to conceive! Could I be preggo
Nita2012 posted:
My name is Coco, my DH and I conceived about 4 months after stopping the pill last year. We lost the baby due to chromosome issues and had a d&e in june. We started back trying July of this year. My cycles are so normal a 28 days. Every 14 days into my cycle I have ovulation pain, its last 24 hours. My question is when the pain comes is it after , before or during ovulation? I cannot test until Monday and I had no symtoms with my last pregancy but trying to conceive quickly due to my age being over 35... Help? Hoping we conceived this month...

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Ovulation cramping is usually during ovulation so if you have it, have sex.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

Nita2012 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I guess my challenge is that I cant have it the day of the ovulation pain due to the pain so I usually way until right after it stops..for example, this month I had the Pain on that Monday the 14th day of my cycle but was unable to have sex until Tuesday morning due to the pain. So I'm wondering if I'm too late or should we be having sex the day of the pain regardless of the pain?

lovebird79 replied to Nita2012's response:
It's best to have sex the day or two before you ovulate. It takes some time for the swimmers to get up there.

Also, try having sex just for the fun of it... take some pressure off.

My husband and I tried for 7 months before conceiving. Every month I was so focused on making sure we had sex at the right time and got disappointed everytime I got a negative.

It wasn't until I decided to only have sex for fun and to be intimate with my DH that I got preggo.

Good luck

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 and my DH of 6 years is 29. We have been TTC since July 2009 & we have 1 DD who just turned 5. Each month comes around, we get hopeful, th...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.