Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Beginning of light period or implantation?
ailles13 posted:
I have had brown spotting for the last three days. My period was supposed to start two days ago. My cycle is very regular, every 28 days. However, this morning when I woke up I found bright red blood, in a bit larger amount than the brown spotting I've been having. It stopped for several hours today, and started up again about two hours ago. I have also been having symptoms that can be attributed with either situation, however I have never experienced these before with pms. I am very bloated, tired, gassy, and every now and then my lower back aches slightly. Also, I don't know whether this is relevant since everyone is different, but my mother told me she bled the entire time she was pregnant with me, which is why she was unaware until five months. Any thoughts?

lovebird79 responded:
A lot of times when you are trying to conceive or thing you may be pregnant you notice symptoms about your body that you never noticed before.

I'd wait until your next cycle to see what happens. Though your mom bled throughout her pregnancy, that is rare and typically if you have any heavy bleeding that's usually an indication you are not pregnant.

Good Luck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am soon to be twenty four and I have a three year old daughter. I am a full time student studying to be an elementary school teacher. I have always...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.