Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Possible Pregnancy
An_253827 posted:
Two weeks ago today me n my partner had unprotected sex while I was ovulating. I know anytime you have sex its possible to get pregnant and even more so when you do it unprotected. This would be my second pregnancy so I know some of the common signs thing is when I first got pregnant I was not in tune with my body n had no signs well one and that was the cramps, that I can remember. Now I'm cramping, achy boobs, some nausea, tightness on in off cross my stomach, tired. If I am pregnant is it too soon to tell my period isn't due for another two says but I never felt these things before my period. I've been tracking my cycle for over a year now and never felt this way after sex. Could I want this pregnancy so bad my body is reacting to it or am I possibly pregnant?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Your period isn't due for another two what? Days, weeks?

If your period isn't due for two days, it's not too early to take a test. If your period isn't due for another two weeks, you're just ovulating now.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

An_250560 responded:
It's definitely not too early to take the test.
It is possible that your mind is playing tricks on you (mine did that ALL THE TIME when I started trying) but you could also definitely be pregnant - especially since you had unprotected sex right around the time you would've ovulated.

I say test away!

Good luck!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
It is definately possible. It sounds like your are doing NFP or ttc? Do you have a long LP? I ask because normally LP are around 11-14 days. If you were ovulating then you would be somewhere around 12-14dpo depending on the day you ovulated and what your LP is. It could still be too early as some do not test positive until after a missed period. However, some are able to find out earlier. You could test now FMU and then again when AF is due if you haven't gotten it. (Based on the length of this post AF should have arrived around now). Some PMS signs make it seem like pregnancy as well. The only symptom I got with all 3 pregnancies prior to my missed af and prior to my positive test was heartburn. I didn't really start getting symptoms till a bit after my positive pregnancy test. Hope you get your answer soon. Best wishes
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 4/17/12. Carson Lee born 3/31/12, BFP 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14

Spotlight: Member Stories

*Student/In college *Nanny & Babysitter *Christian *Engaged, wedding date is June 25, 2011! *Marrying my best friend *Love my dog! *Enjoy watchin...More

Helpful Tips

tip
have heard the same thing from my sister who is the mother of five so this is more then likely true.. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful