Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
late period negative pregnancy test.
whatsgoingon22 posted:
My last period started august 29th and ended September 2nd (I have a period tracker on my phone) on Sunday september 1st I stopped taking birth control because my doctor wouldn't refill it because i missed my follow up appointment. I had been on birth control for 2 year I think.. give or take a little bit. But this month my period is now 10 days late and I'm just trying to figure out if my body's reacting to being off of birth control or if I'm pregnant. I took a test but it came back negative..

Take the Poll

Pregnant or wacky hormones?
  • pregnant
  • hormones
vote
View Poll Results

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Remember, when on birth control, the hormones in the pills determined when you bled, not your body. When you go off birth control, it can take your body a bit to figure out how to regulate its own hormones and until it does, you will be irregular.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

hgreenwood7058 responded:
When did you last take your preg test. It could go either way if you had unprotected sex. It could be your body deciding what it wants to do and for some it takes several cycles before it gets on track after being used to the hormones. Others go back to normal right away.Test again soon and then If you don't get af in another week test one more time. Period trackers aren't overly accurate when you are going from a hormone drug to no hormones. Keep an eye on it though.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 4/17/12. Carson Lee born 3/31/12, BFP 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tammy and I'm married with 2 kids: A boy (PJ) and girl (Kylee). I also have 4 step-children by my husband but they are older (youngest ...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.