Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnant?
An_241292 posted:
Ok this girl and I had sex the Wed afternoon before Labor day, and had told me afterwards that she was off of her birth control, and told me that she had PCOS and so I had nothing to worry about. Well even though I didnt ejaculate inside of her, I was still freaking out that she was off of her birth control and got her a plan b pill that Saturday morning. After that I breathed easier, then 3 weeks later she had told me that she was having a missed period but that she had also lost her grandmother but we did a pregnancy test to be sure anyway and it came up negative, so I wasnt worried, and she had told me that she ended up having her period that Friday. Come to find out now that she had a white discharge and only lasted a day. She has been exhausted, but Im thinking thats from not sleeping at night, and is experiencing fatigue. Something else I might mention is she said that she had her period the week before we had sex. Whats the chances that she is pregnant?

An_250560 responded:
That's really difficult to say.
It sounds like you don't know her very well, and she told you AFTER the fact that she wasn't on birth control.
I would be weary of what she tells you

Most women ovulate mid-cycle, so about two weeks before her period is due - but not all women.
Also, you have pre-ejaculate that can cause pregnancy.

Another thing to keep in mind is that she is going through a difficult loss - this stress can cause not only fatigue, but missed period as well.

You should wait another week and re-test.

Also - use a condom... seriously. You had the power to prevent this from happening - just remember that next time.

An_241292 replied to An_250560's response:
Yeah I know I should have used a condom, but the last time I had seen her or really even talked to her about anything like that was 2 and a half months prior and was taking birth control regularly. We did a second pregnancy test tonight and it came up negative, and also she had told me late last night that it was actually a brownish red color and lasted 2 days instead.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi everyone so i had a period in september but didnt have one in october so about 3 days ago in the middle of the night i got up to go to the bathroom...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.