Skip to content
Too early?
Anon_125822 posted:
How early is too early to tell if you are pregnant?

I currently have Mirena (IUD) for a little over 2 years and sex about a week ago (10/11). I NEVER and I mean NEVER throw up and all of a sudden on Tuesday (10/15) I was very nauseous, lightheaded, and sensitive to smell.

Now, I know 4 days is too sudden for me to get pregnant right? I think its more of me being extra paranoid since I found out that I was pregnant with my LO at 20 weeks and I don't really know what the first 4 months were all about.

What do you think it could be?

Any advice is welcomed.

An_250560 responded:
4 days is definitely too early to have symptoms - it takes 7 to 10 days (sometimes more) for the egg to implant after fertilization.

Plus you have the IUD which is the most accurate form of birth control.

You may have caught a bug or ate something that was off/food poisoning.

I'd say, if the nausea continues go to your doctor to see if you caught a bug or have an ulcer or something.

Or, if you miss your next period, take a test, but it sounds to me like it's just a coincidence and you probably just got a bug.

Anon_125822 replied to An_250560's response:
So I have waited for my AF to arrive (3 days) and no such visit. I'm trying NOT to stress bc I know that prolongs AF but I'm also freaking out. Like I mentioned previously, I'm on Mirena for 2 1/2 years and always had AF. This will be the first month that AF is late. Should I test or just wait it out.

Any advice is appreciated.

tlkittycat1968 replied to Anon_125822's response:
I'd wait. It's not uncommon to skip a period and that will happen to most women at least once during their reproductive lives. It usually just means you didn't ovulate and usually no ovulation means no period.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

(((KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF DURING YOUR PREGNANCY)))
Wouldn't It be great to go through out your pregnancy without adding those unwanted pounds? Well now you can, and I advise you to watch ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.