Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
17 & Scared :c
sceenie posted:
Hi , I'm 17 & a few days ago my boyfriend / fiance & I had unprotected sex. I can't buy a pregnancy test because if my parents found it they'd flip & if his parents found it they'd flip too.. I'm wondering if I'm pregnant because when I got off of him, there was a milky white substance on both of us. He said he didn't cum, but I think he did. It's 10/22 today & I still haven't had my period. I would have had sex with a condom but the only one he had, had this lube on it that made my vagina burn like crazy so he took it off & proceeded with sex.. I know I'm too young, I'm kinda worried because before when we had sex, my cum was ALWAYS clear, & this time, there was the milky white substance. I didn't feel his penis throb like it would if he was cumming. I'm just worried. Any help is appreciated !

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Well, if you are pregnant, it's too early to know. The milky white substance may have just been your secretions. Wait and see if you get your period before worrying.

Also, if you're old enough to have sex, your old enough to take charge of your body and get birth control.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

hgreenwood7058 responded:
There are planned parenthood places you can go to that do not disclose the information to your parents. Also, if it was only a few days before you were supposed to start your period its very unlikely. If you don't get a period by next month then you should test. You could also test in about 2 weeks. Generally if you have ovulated and had sex around the same time it would be about 2 weeks before you would see a positive (sometimes a little sooner). But right now you are way to early to test. The discharge could be your secretions. You should consider going to a planned parenthood though as they can talk with you about safe sex, whether by condoms (which they have samples of. ), do testing for pregnancy as well as std's. You can also talk to your doctor about these things as well.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 4/17/12. Carson Lee born 3/31/12, BFP 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14

sceenie replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Well , I'd love to go to a doctor about it but I can't because of this stupid Obama Care crap , I don't have any insurance & My parents sold MY car that was a present when I was 16 .. Kinda irritates me & I've already suppose to have had it but my best friend who's a whiz when it comes to this stuff says if I don't have it 2 weeks into November , I need a test . I can't get birth control either , they think it's bad for me or something .

sceenie replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I can't get birth control because my mom thinks its bad for me .. I don't know what the heck that's suppose to mean & I'm WELL aware , I'm old enough to take charge of my body , it's not my fault they watch everything I do .

lovebird79 replied to sceenie's response:
I agree with tlkittycat1968 - it's too early to know for sure if you are pregnant. And the stress of not knowing can actually delay your period - just keep that in mind

Do you know when your period was due?
You should wait until you are 7 days late before taking a test.
You can always buy one and go to a friends house that you trust or a public restroom.

Are you able to talk to your mom about birth control? Or is the topic just totally off the table?
There are non-hormonal forms of birth control like diaphragms or cervical caps.
Also, if you are able to have a discussion with your mom about your sexual activity, than you can just have a heart to heart with her - tell her you understand her concern, but also want to be responsible about your decisions. She'll probably appreciate you talking to her about your options.

Finally - make sure that you have back up condoms that you are able to use. I'm sure you know that now, but doesn't hurt to say it

Good luck and keep us posted!

tlkittycat1968 replied to sceenie's response:
You don't need insurance to go to Planned Parenthood. You're 17; I'm pretty sure you can take a bus or get a friend to take you to the nearest one.
Proud mommy to PJ (6)

hgreenwood7058 replied to sceenie's response:
Planned parenthood does not require insurance to go in. And they can help with birth control, including things like an iud or a depo shot in which your mom would never see if that is your concern. The depo shot is done every 3 months. You can ask a friend to drive you or if you are allowed to take a bus then do so. Its unlikely your friend is a whiz unless she went to school for this stuff. When did you have sex and when was your period due? This is what makes the difference. Everyone ovulates differently and generally your more likely to ovulate mid cycle or 12-14 days before your period is supposed to start. Keep in mind though stress alone can cause you to miss your period or be late for it. Especially when your concerned about something like this. You can also ask to go to the dollar store with a friend or while your are with a friend go there. The tests are a $1 and you can go to your friends and take it. If you had time to have sex hun then they aren't watching every move even if it feels like it.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 4/17/12. Carson Lee born 3/31/12, BFP 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14

sceenie replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
The ones where I am at do .. None of my friends drive . The only person that drives is my boyfriend . & He can't take me till after 4:30-5 because that's when he gets his dad's truck . It depends on his mood too .. When he's mad he'll just say no because it's his truck .. Like yesterday .. We tried going to Best Buy he wouldn't let us because of his wife .. I can't drive cause I got my license taken from staying out too late .. Thanks for the help . I'll eventually figure it out .

sceenie replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Tried to re-reply to hgreenwood7058 ;
The IUD has caused unterine cancer , which I DO NOT want . I'd like to have 2 kids before I get any kind of reproductive cancer & The Depo makes you gain weight .. I can't really explain rapid weight gain because I'm really active & I'm fit .

sceenie replied to lovebird79's response:
My mom hates me .. she takes no interest in my social life let alone my sexual life . My home coming dance is the 26th of this month & I told her about it & I keep reminding her that she has to come home straight from work instead of going off with my grandma .. She doesn't care . I know exactly what will happen .If I am pregnant , she'll kick me out & be distant right up until I go into labor , then all of a sudden she'll want to be in my life .. I understand that if I had time to have sex , I'll have time to take a test . But I'm never at my house with my boyfriend , I'm at his house with him .. Infact I'm headed over there right now .. I just want support from people who are knowledgeable instead of teenagers that get pregnant just because it's '' cool '' . It's not even cool , it looks like a trend now that I think about it .
Thank you all for you help ! You're basically all being my parents in this situation , which is what I need instead of the IDGAF attitude from mine .. Thanks again !

lovebird79 replied to sceenie's response:
for the IUD, you have your information incorrect. Women who have used the IUD actually have a decreased risk of Uterine cancer. The problem for you is that the majority of doctors will not implant and IUD unless you are married - mine did before I was married because I had been going to her for so long and she knew my history. IUDs do increase the risk of fertility problems IF you get certain STDs, which is why most doctors won't do it unless you are married.

I'm really glad you know it's not cool your still young and need to enjoy life.
I'm so sorry you feel that your mom hates you. As a soon to be mom, I'm sure that is not the case, but there is definitely a rift between you.

It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and know what you need to do with this situation.

As far as your parents go, I had problems when I was around your age. I didn't talk with my parents for several years and now I'm just starting to build that up again. Hindsight is 20/20... I have to say that I wish I had confronted them earlier about how I felt and told them I wanted a better relationship. My grandparents are very old and some have died and my parents didn't walk with them either and that's not how I want it to be for me.

Regardless of what happens with your pregnancy, I think you need to talk to your mom - have a heart to heart - tell her that you love her and you feel she hates you and you want to make your relationship better.

Good luck!

hgreenwood7058 replied to sceenie's response:
The depo shot doesn't make everyone gain weight. I used it for 1.5 years but I had some other side effects like spotting and things but no weight gain. I was also active while I was on it and fit. With IUD there are small risks just like any birth control but generally most people don't have issues. I will actually be getting an IUD after I have my little one. I know several people who have had successful pregnancies once it is removed when they are ready. I also had the implanon in between my son and this one. That is the implant in the arm. It doesn't affect your uterus at all just keeps you from ovulating. My only side effect was decreased sex drive but I was also breastfeeding too which can cause that as well for some. Here they will do the implant or IUD or whatever at whichever age as it also seems to be the norm to not be married now as well. They do say you cramp a bit more with IUD if you have never had children because they have to slightly dilate your cervix to get the IUD in. They would rather that then extra babies that someone is not ready for. They do remind you about STD's and things though. I am glad you see the upcoming trend and that you don't want to follow it. I am sorry your mom is so distant. Maybe this will be her wake up call. If you haven't gotten your period by end of next week it will be plenty of time in between so you should be able to test when you have time. It may be hard or scary but it wille ease your mind one way or the other just knowing. So many people don't realize how much work it is to have children till its too late so at least you are thinking about it. Best wishes. Keep us posted.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me and my husband have just recently started trying last 2 months i got negetive tests and got my period as per normal now this month my period is due...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.