Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Could I be ?
Mweaver93 posted:
I have a 11 mth old son .. I got the Mirana after I had my son , about a month ago I had a miscarriage.. I still have my IUD.. I took a pregnecny test a few days ago came up negative but im having all the sythomes of being pregnant..
What do I do ??

Take the Poll

Could I Be pregnant ?
  • Yes
  • No
vote
View Poll Results

hgreenwood7058 responded:
If you had a m/c while on the mirena why didn't they take it out? There are a couple things that could be causing the problems. One, when you have a m/c your cycles don't always return to normal right away. Sometimes it takes a couple cycles to get back to normal. After my m/c it took about 2.5 months before I got my first cycle back. The other thing is a lot of people with an IUD no longer get there periods. I am a little concerned just due to the fact they allowed you to keep the iud if you got pregnant on it. If you got pregnant on it then its not a good way of birth control and could happen again. Unless maybe it was misaligned or came out and was put back in? I would head to the doctor to discuss it. You may need to do some blood work and have an u/s. And discuss if you want to get pregnant again to go off the IUD or choose another method and see if its more effective for you. You could try something like nexplanon/implanon which is an insert in your upper arm thats good for 3 years (if you are breastfeeding this will not affect breastfeeding). There is other options available when breastfeeding. If bottle feeding then it won't make a difference on which one other than watching your cycles to make sure they are on time.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 4/17/12. Carson Lee born 3/31/12, BFP 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14

Mweaver93 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Okay, well now Im gettin sick everytime I eat im Having all the symthomes of being pregnant, i have not had protective sex in 7 mths .. Idk what to do im so confused !!
Hayden - 11/11/12 2:06am Est 6Lbs 11oz

lovebird79 replied to Mweaver93's response:
You need to go to the doctor.
Especially if you had a M/C with the IUD in, than it might not be in there correctly and need to me removed.
Like hgreenwood7058 said, your body might also be re-adjusting after your loss.

Did you go to the doctor after your m/c?

Mweaver93 replied to lovebird79's response:
yes i did .. he said it was in there right. its hard..

hgreenwood7058 replied to Mweaver93's response:
They need to do an u/s and check blood work. If you had a mc while on the iud they should have switched your bc since its not effective. Unless you had just had it put in. The vomiting and things could be from all the hormones but you really do need some follow up. There are other options and it would be beneficial to change it esp if you got pregnant before on it and if your having all these side effects if it is not in fact another pregnancy. Did he do any blood tests to test for pregnancy and does he know you got pregnant before on it?
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 4/17/12. Carson Lee born 3/31/12, BFP 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14

Mweaver93 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Yes he did he did all of the following ..

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 and my DH of 6 years is 29. We have been TTC since July 2009 & we have 1 DD who just turned 5. Each month comes around, we get hopeful, th...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.